The Euromicro Conference on Digital System Design (DSD) addresses all aspects of (embedded, pervasive and high-performance) digital and mixed HW/SW system engineering, covering the whole design trajectory from specification down to micro-architectures, digital circuits and VLSI implementations. It is a forum for researchers and engineers from academia and industry working on advanced investigations, developments and applications.
It focuses on today’s and future challenges of advanced embedded, high-performance and cyber-physical applications; system and processor architectures for embedded and high-performance HW/SW systems; design methodology and design automation for all design levels of embedded, high-performance and cyber-physical systems; modern implementation technologies from full custom in nanometer technology nodes, through FPGAs, to MPSoC infrastructures.
Authors are kindly invited to submit their work according (but not limited) to the main topics of the conference main track. In addition, several Special Sessions (with their own coordinators and subprogram committees) do also welcome contributions in specific themes of particular interest. All papers are reviewed following guidelines, quality requirements and thresholds that are common to all committees.
Extended versions of selected best papers will be published in a special issue of the ISI indexed Euromicro/Elsevier journal “Microprocessors and Microsystems: Embedded Hardware Design” (MICPRO) having the 2018 Impact Factor as high as 1.045.
- Design and synthesis of systems, hardware and embedded software
- IoT, cyber-physical and embedded systems
- Systems-on-a-chip, networks-on-a-chip and systems-in-a-package
- Autonomous, self-aware, re-configurable and adaptable systems, and their design
- Reliable, Secure, Safe and Optimized to multiple objectives systems, and their design
- Formal Methods in System Design
- Specification, modeling, analysis, validation and test for systems, hardware and embedded software
- Design automation at system, register-transfer, logic and physical levels
- Advanced applications of cyber-physical, embedded and high-performance systems
- Application analysis and parallelization for embedded and high-performance design
- New issues introduced by emerging applications and technologies, and their solutions
Special Sessions and Organizers
- AHSA: Architectures and Hardware for Security Applications, P. Kitsos (University of Peloponnese, GR), M. Novotny (CTU Prague, CZ)
- ASAASIT: Architectures and Systems for Automotive, Aeronautic, Space and Intelligent Transportation, R. Nouacer (CEA, FR), H. Espinoza (CEA, FR)
- ASHWPA: Advanced Systems in Healthcare, Wellness and Personal Assistance | F. Leporati (U Pavia, IT), R. Stojanovic (U Montenegro, ME)
- DCPS: Design of Cyber-Physical Systems, W. Chang (U York, UK), D. Mueller-Gritschneder (TU Munich, DE)
- DTFT: Dependability, Testing and Fault Tolerance in Digital Systems | P. Fiser (CTU Prague, CZ), Z. Kotasek (TU Brno, CZ)
- EDLAI: Embedded Deep Learning and AI: Architectures, Design Methods, Tools, and Applications | M. Shafique (TU Wien, A)
- EPDSD: European Projects in Digital System Design | F. Leporati (U Pavia, IT), L. Jozwiak (TU/e, NL)
- ESSAFE: Electronic systems for smart agriculture, food chain and sustainable environments D. Quaglia (U Verona, IT), D. Demarchi (P Torino, IT)
- FTET: Future Trends in Emerging Technologies | O. Keszocze (FAU Erlangen, DE), P. Fiser (CTU in Prague, CZ)
- HASF: Hardware and System Architectures for Smart Farming, T. Orphanoudakis (Hellenic Open University, GR)
- MCSDIA: Mixed-Criticality System Design, Implementation and Analysis | K. Grüttner (OFFIS, DE), M. Azkarate-Askatsua (IK4-IKERLAN, ES)
- SDCIS: System Design for Collaborating Intelligent Systems | | R. H. Jacobsen (Aarhus U, DK)
- SPCPS: Security and Privacy of Cyber-Physical Systems | | S. Dey (IIT Kharagpur, India), S. Park (TU Berlin, D) J. Sepúlveda (Airbus Defence and Space GmbH, D)
Best Paper Award
Based on the reviews and PC discussion, each track will nominate one paper for the Best Paper Award. The main track will nominate three papers. The Award Committee will select from them one paper for the Best Paper Award and three papers for the Outstanding Paper Award.
- Paper Submission Deadline: 1 April 2020
- Notification of Acceptance: 15 May 2020
- Camera-Ready Papers: 15 June 2020